We look forward to receiving submissions on Chinese language teaching, intercultural communication, as well as translation and interpreting in the language pair Chinese-German to the:
21st Biennial Conference of the Chinese Language Teachers’
Association of Germany, Austria and Switzerland
5-7 September 2019, University of Applied Languages, Munich, Germany
The theme of the conference is: Building Bridges – Language Mediation and Intercultural Communication in Teaching and Research
Submissions should focus on the following fields:
1. Translation and interpreting in the language pair Chinese-German
2. Culture teaching and intercultural communication
3. TCFL curriculum research
4. Textbook development and analysis
5. Instructional design and teaching methods
6. Chinese linguistics
7. Second-language acquisition
8. Teacher training and development
9. Chinese for Specific Purposes
10. TCFL at primary and secondary schools
11. Chinese for heritage language speakers
12. Teaching and learning resources in the multimedia age
13. Chinese language testing
Abstracts are to be submitted via EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=fach21). Please write the abstract in the same language as your presentation (conference languages are German, Chinese, and English). Submissions are to be no longer than 350 words (or about 600 Chinese characters), excluding references. Presentations should be 20 minutes long (+ 5 minutes Q&A). Workshops should be 75 minutes long.
Written versions of the complete papers are not required. Written papers can be submitted for publication in the journal Chun – Chinesischunterricht after the conference. There will be a separate review and selection of papers prior to publication.
Deadline for submission of abstracts: 30 January 2019.
Notification of acceptance: by 15 April 2019.